Yes, it’s that time again.
I’m giving myself a hard deadline and now I have to meet it, because it’s written down and this is apparently the only way I get things done. So, second draft of the not-a-fairy-story is due April 15th, in time to start querying in May. God, that sounds practically un-doable. I guess I’d better get on it.
In other news, my YA romance now has a playlist, which means the book must actually be happening. And I don’t just mean a handful of songs I enjoy listening to, but a true, specific playlist that belongs to it, like it was a real, independent entity. Musically, the story looks like:
- Miami – Counting Crows
- Boys on the Radio – Hole
- Gold Mine Gutted – Bright Eyes
- Half a World Away – R.E.M.
- Time Won’t Let Me Go – The Bravery
- Siren – Tori Amos
- Jesus Doesn’t Want Me for a Sunbeam – Nirvana
- Of a Broken Heart – Zwan
- Breathe Me – Sia
- Am I Wrong – Love Spit Love
- Motion Picture Soundtrack – A String Quartet Tribute to Radiohead
- 9 Crimes – Damien Rice
- Look on Down from the Bridge – Mazzy Star
- Motion Picture Soundtrack – Radiohead (live)
Wow, this is going to be the most depressing story ever (but I swear it’s not).
Ooooh I love Siren.
*runs off to iTunes*
Oh yeah, you know it’s bad when Tori is the hardest song on the list. A sign that I should ratchet down the angst? Nah . . .